Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Welcome to the third station in the "continuum of medical education:" the journey from medical school to residency to a place of lifelong learning known as Continuing Medical Education (CME).
Continuing Medical Education trains people who treat patients.
- Full-time and part-time faculty physicians at New York Medical College and its affiliated hospitals
- New York Medical College School of Medicine alumni
- Practicing or retired physicians from outside New York Medical College
- Residents of the mid-Hudson Valley, New York metropolitan area, or anywhere throughout the United States
- Non-physician participants (nurses, physical therapists, physicians' assistants, and a broad range of allied health professionals)
- Serial Conferences
- Grand Rounds
- Case Conferences
- Tumor Boards
- Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Live Conferences and Symposia
- Faculty Development Courses
- Enduring Materials
We are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
We work closely with the departments of New York Medical College and its affiliates to plan a range of CME activities. These activities are generally considered to be Directly Sponsored by New York Medical College. Occasionally, to improve the quality of a CME activity, we will work with non-ACCME accredited entities. These activities are considered to be Jointly Sponsored. Regardless of the type of sponsorship, New York Medical College ensures that every activity remains in compliance with all ACCME, AMA and NYMC policies.
Joseph Dursi, M.D.
19 Skyline Drive, 2N-FO2
Reviewed and approved by the New York Medical College CME Advisory Committee on 1/10/02, and by the New York Medical College Governance Committee of the Board of Trustees on 3/27/02.