Pre-Internship Program Benefits
- Assigned preceptors to students
- Supervised clinical teaching
- Step 2 CK Preparation Course with the Falcon Physician Review Program. Discounted course fee includes tuition, housing, two meals daily and books. The five-week course will be incorporated into the Pre-Internship Program. Funds are included for student transportation. Cost of this course is included in the tuition fee.
- Clinical Skills Standardization Patient Preparation Course - Course given by the renowned author, Mark H. Swartz, M.D. “Textbook of Physical Diagnosis: History and Examination, to prepare students for the U.S.M.L.E. Step 2 CS Examination which includes:
- Eight stations which simulate the U.S.M.L.E. Step 2 CS examination such as a 42-year-old single mother with severe abdominal pain, 75-year-old nursing home resident, etc.
- Realistically simulate a particular pain or ailment
- Know the difference between a good and bad physical exam
- Evaluate history taking skills
- Evaluate physical taking skills
- Evaluate communication skills
- Give constructive oral and/or written feedback
- Perform a standardized scenario, give standardized responses
This course will also include four sessions on history taking, physical examination skills and focus history (with standardized patients) as well as a graded Mock Examination. Remediation is available to the students following the Mock Examination prior to taking the U.S.M.L.E. Step 2 CS examination. Cost of this course is included in the tuition fee.
- Four-Day Medical Review Course, which includes the most recent information on hospital procedures, history and physical review, patient bedside care, interpretation of lab and radiology examinations, HIPAA training and identifying child abuse and infection control with certificates is given at New York Medical College's Valhalla Campus at the beginning of the program. These certificates are needed for State Licensure.
- Theme Days - Monthly-clinical lectures (interactive) transmitted from New York Medical College's Valhalla Campus to affiliated hospitals via in-television transmission for viewing by students. Areas included; medicine, surgery, OB/GYN, psychiatry, pediatrics, radiology and psychiatry.
- Vacation during January and July classes
- Preparation for a quality residency with assistance from our experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff
- Time is given for interviews for residency positions
- Associate New York Medical College Alumni Membership
- Personal staff assistance is given to all students to obtain residencies and licensure in the various states
- Certificate of Completion at a Graduation Ceremony
- A listing of hundreds of hospitals throughout the US and Puerto Rico where our graduates have obtained residencies and fellowships
- Hospitals are in the New York Metropolitan area with access to all the benefits of the culture and entertainment facilities of New York City