- Congratulations to our Chief Resident Giancarlo Perez-Albela on matching at Jackson Memorial Hospital (Miami, Fl) for ACGME approved Spinal Cord Injury Medicine Fellowship (2018-19)!
- We are pleased to announce our Residency’s new rotation Physiatric Interventional Pain Management which has started at Coney Island Hospital under the direction of Steven Yap, MD. Dr. Yap is Director of Pain Management at Coney Island Hospital. He is board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management.
- Congratulations to resident Dr. Monir Mohar, NYMC medical student Bronwyn Long, Metropolitan Attending Dr. Didita and Associate Chief and Residency Program Director Dr. Altschuler on the acceptance of their paper. “Rehabilitation Course and Specification of Dysmetria of a Patient with Ataxia, Dysmetria, and Hemiparesis Following a Stroke in the Corona Radiata: A Case Presentation” which is now In Press at PM&R! Acceptance Announcement.
- Congratulations to residents Dr. Choi, Dr. Pham, Dr. Randev, Dr. Kaner and Dr. Mohar, resident alumnus Dr. Sampathkumar (2017), NYMC medical student Bronwyn Long, attending physicians Dr. Brahmbhatt, Dr. Didita and Dr. Altschuler on their presentation of five posters at the February 2018 Association of Academic Physiatry meeting in Atlanta, GA and at Metropolitan Hospital’s Research Day.
- Congratulations to resident Dr. Charlotte Pham on winning a scholarship to attend the 2018 International Pelvic Pain Society Meeting!