Application Process for Surgery Residency
New York Medical College participates in the National Residency Match Program.
Registration period opens: September 15, 2017
Applications accepted until: November 30, 2017
Rank Lists Due: February 21, 2018
Match Day: March 16, 2018
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Wednesday, December 06, 2017
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
The prospective applicant must submit the following via ERAS:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) certification.
- Three Letters of Recommendations
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Must be ECFMG certified (if applicable)
The program requirements are as follows:
- The Program's minimum requirements for USMLE test score for step 1 and 2 for consideration of interview is:
- Step 1: 210
- Step 2: Must Pass Step 2 at Graduation from Medical School
- The passing of each step of USMLE should be done on the first attempt.
- Research experience is helpful and considered important.
- The Department of Surgery at New York Medical College only accepts US citizen or permanent residents with rare exception for highly qualified individuals with work authorization.
- The candidate must possess strong motivation and commitment to Surgery as evidenced by background education, personal statement and letters of recommendation.
- The candidate must have personality traits such as emotional maturity, warmth and compassion as well as good communication skills.
Useful Resources and Information:
ACGME RRC Website
Committee of Interns and Residents
AMC - ERAS