Application Process For Urology Residency
New York Medical College participates in the American Urological Association Match.
Applications Accepted until November 2, 2018
Rank Lists Due: January 2, 2019
Match Day: January 18, 2019
Interview Days: Friday, November 2, 2018 ; Thursday, November 8, 2018 and Friday, November 9, 2018
The prospective applicant must submit the following via ERAS:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) certification.
- 3 Letters of Recommendations
- Medical Score Grades – Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Dean's letter, after November 1st
The program requirements are as follows:
- The Program's minimum requirements for USMLE test score for step 1 and 2 for consideration of interview is:
- Step 1: 230
- Step 2: Must Pass Step 2 at Graduation from Medical School
- The passing of each step of USMLE should be done on the first attempt.
- Research experience is helpful and considered important.
- The Department of Urology at New York Medical College only accepts US citizen or permanent residents with rare exception for highly qualified individuals with work authorization.
- The candidate must possess strong motivation and commitment to Urology as evidenced by background education, personal statement and letters of recommendation.
- The candidate must have personality traits such as emotional maturity, warmth and compassion as well as good communication skills.
Useful Resources and Information:
ACGME RRC Website
AUA – Residency Website
Committee of Interns and Residents
AMC - ERAS