Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions*)
- Provide day to day support to the University Budget Officer in the implementation and maintenance of the university annual operating budget
- Assist departments with account management (including budget queries, reallocations, fund transfers, use of accounts etc.) as well as provide one on one training and or troubleshooting with respect to TouroOne Finance and Budget Development Modules
- Provide Banner SSB training to new employees (funded by hard dollars), coordinate all new hire Banner Account Creation Paperwork to ensure that hard dollar access has been successfully granted, and revoked once employee has terminated.
- Building and maintaining informational databases for reviewing, forecasting and auditing budgeted revenues and expenditures
- Provide analytic support to senior management on finance/accounting projects
- Review and approve hard dollar operating and capital expenditures
- Participate in development of university annual operating and capital budget
- Evaluate expense activities to make recommendations with respect to anticipated shortfalls and surpluses
- Analysis of financial activity, capital equipment tracking and monthly/year end accruals
- Maintain GSBMS Stipend Analysis for UBO on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of cafeteria expenses as well as catering invoices chargeback to departments (including A/R tracker)
- Assist with monthly realization of tuition revenue including analyzing deferred tuition activity
- Analyze Campus Operations expense activity on a monthly basis making accruals when necessary on a as needed basis (serves as backup to other Budget Manager)
- Assist University Budget Officer in maintaining and ensuring that NBAPBUD and Budget Profiles (within NBAJOBS) is kept up to date on a weekly basis
- Liaise with the University Budget Officer reports and general accounting staff
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education, Qualifications And Skills
General Skill requirements:
Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Effectiveness working independently or cooperatively as a team member. Strong personal and professional integrity with the highest ethical standards essential. Proven ability to maintain organization with exceptional focus on detail and problemsolving.
(A) Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business in Business Administration or Accounting with some experience or at least 3-5 years relevant work experience in budget and financial management required.
(B) Licenses or certifications: None
(C) Technical/computer skills: Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook). Strong accurate analytical skills and statistical ability. Proficiency in Excel is essential. Knowledge of Fundware, PeopleSoft, Banner and Monarch software desirable. Strong organizational and managerial skills essential. Experience in programming and database management is desirable. Report writing experience is desirable.
(D) Prior experience: Minimum 3 -5 years increasingly responsible experience in a budget/finance office
Physical and Environmental Demands
Physical: Meeting demands of work schedules and budget deadlines.
Relations with Others
During the course of your job, what persons in other departments and outside the organization are you required to contact and/or work with:
Internal Contacts: Department Administrators and Chairs, Academic Administration (Assistant Dean and Senior Associate Dean), Controller’s Area, Restricted Funds, Purchasing, Human Resources, Information Services, Campus Operations, Touro Budget and Finance Staff, etc.
External Contacts: KPMG, Vendors, Consultants, Finance and Budget Stuff at Touro