Operations Coordinator - Office of eLearning
In addition to operational management of the Office of eLearning, this position will implement distance learning plans and promote integration of distance education tools with other school and university services to produce high quality course design for online, blended and all technologically enhanced courses.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions*)
- Responsibilities include routine review of LMS course sites for accuracy and quality.
- Will format, edit and prepare learning content and materials at the direction of faculty and the Assistant Dean and Assistant Director.
- Contribute to the creation of the annual report.
- Position provides administrative support for the department including but not limited to customer service, maintaining databases, classes and other schedules.
- Provide LMS user support as required.
Education, Qualifications And Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to work well with all customers including, but not limited to, intra-university, external, students.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, diplomatic and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum requirements of a Bachelors Degree in a relevant area.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, presentation software, e-mail, html, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Create Suite, managing audio and video files, lecture capture software and social networking tools.
- Experience in online teaching and training, or experience as an online student preferred.
- At least one year of experience using Moodle, Blackboard or a similar learning management system.
Physical and Environmental Demands
- 35 office hours per week. Schedule most usually Monday – Friday. Specific start and end time varies due to the needs of the department. (e.g. on days where Videotaping is required for evening presentations, the schedule might be 1pm – 9 pm).