Public Services Librarian
1. Provides reference service and consultation to onsite and remote library users.
2. Provides orientations to new users and develops appropriate training workshops.
3. Triages questions effectively to librarian liaisons and subject specialists.
4. Provides support for interlibrary loan (ILL) service including analysis, training, documentation, and systems support.
5. Maintains the functionality of the library facility ensuring a suitable study environment for library users, handles user requests, and facilities and equipment issues.
6. Maintains and updates library policy and procedure manual.
7. Creates web pages related to library services and resources.
8. Participates in library communications, public relations and development activities.
9. Serves as a member of the Collection Development team.
10. Acts as liaison to multiple academic departments.
11. Implements special projects, new hardware and software as appropriate.
12. Trains Access Services and other staff as appropriate.
13. Participates in Library programming and exhibits.
14. Completes monthly, annual and special reports for the department and library as needed.
15. Additional duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS) from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Demonstrate computer and technical literacy. Knowledge and expertise using ExLibris, Excel, ILLIAD, DOCLINE, OCLC, and basic educational media equipment.
- One year library experience, preferably in an academic environment. Instructional experience, basic reference experience, including web development, PubMed searching, etc. Basic supervisory experience, particularly in a team environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a strong customer services orientation. Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Faculty, employees, Students, and Administration.
- Vendors and public.