Internal Medicine Residency Training at Westchester Medical Center
Following are general guidelines for applying to the program. The information provided should answer most of your questions.
Thank you for your interest in the New York Medical College Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at Westchester Medical Center and its University Hospital. Together, they comprise a major academic medical center certified by the Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Criteria for applicants:
- Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). No application will be reviewed after the deadline of December 17.
We are looking for applicants who are not more than 2 years out of medical school. However, an applicant involved in a post-graduate clinical environment will be considered.
- You must have taken and passed the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 with scores of 225 (93)or above (step 2 results can be pending at the time of interview.
- Step 2 - 2nd attempts will be considered only if 2nd score is 225 (93) or above.
- Step 3 is required by match day only if you are applying for an H-1 visa.
- Applicants need at least 3 current letters of recommendation.
- International Medical Graduates should obtain sponsorship for their visas through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for J-1. The program sponsors J-1 and H-1. Anyone applying for an H-1 must have taken, and passed, step 3 of the USMLE by the interview date.
- Interviews, by invitation only, will take place from November – through the end of January.
More information about the residency program is available by emailing the program coordinator at Norma_Moshman@nymc.edu.
October 2, 2013