To establish guidelines for the reporting of incidents.
This policy applies to all College faculty, staff and students.
Incident is defined as any unusual occurrence.
New York Medical College endeavors to assure a safe and secure campus
environment, supportive of the professional and personal growth of its students.
To achieve this objective, the university must be promptly informed of incidents
involving its students.
In the event of an incident involving a student or students, a serious illness
or injury, a major risk to safety, or a crime on the Valhalla campus or at the
95th Street student housing in Manhattan, the following notification procedure
will be followed:
- Immediately after notifying the appropriate emergency services (e.g. 911),
the College's Security Office located in Room 223B in the Basic Sciences
Building (914-594-4226), should be informed.
- The security officer on duty will contact the Director of Security
- The Director of Security will assess the incident and notify the Provost, the
Vice-Provost for Administration and Finance, the Vice-Provost for University
Student Affairs, the Vice-President and General Counsel, and the Dean of the
school in which the student(s) is enrolled. The Acting Director of
Communications will be notified if the incident has the potential for becoming
public via the media.
- A comprehensive incident report will be completed by the Security Office and
forwarded to the Provost, the Vice-Provost for Administration and Finance, the
Vice-Provost for University Student Affairs, and the respective Dean.
- Following notification, review of the report, and further investigation as
needed, appropriate further action will be taken by the university and academic
administration of the school(s) involved.