Allergy Evaluation and Management for Children
To make appointments or contact us, call: 914-493-7585
Our faculty includes two pediatricians board-certified in allergy and immunology, and our division is fully equipped for both the diagnosis and treatment of all allergic conditions.
Common reasons for referral include:
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever), both seasonal and perennial.
- Allergic Dermatitis (eczema)
- Urticaria (hives)
- Food allergies, including the recently described syndromes of eosinophilic esophagitis and eosinophilic gastroenteritis.
- History of possible anaphylactic reactions
- Drug Allergies, including concerns about immunizations including the flu vaccine.
- Some children may be able to tolerate flu vaccines even with a possible history of egg allergy. However this should not be done unless under the careful supervision of an allergist such as ours.
Our services include:
- Allergy Testing, including skin testing and blood tests
- Nutritional evaluations for multiple food allergies
- Oral Food Challenges
- Environmental allergy management and education
- Allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots) for environmental allergens and venom stings