Instructions for the Use of the Electronic Check Request Form
- Click on the “Get CR by Clicking Here” button (where?)
- A webpage will open with a button to generate a Check Request No. ) Click on this button (where?)
- A new web page will open with a Check Request Number (where?)
- Copy and paste the Check Request Number into the Electronic Check Request Form* (instructions)
*In lieu of copying and pasting, the Check Request Number can be handwritten into the Electronic Check Request Form after it is printed; however this is not recommended as this can lead to unintended errors in numbering. The how to copy and paste instructions are very easy to follow and it is recommended that all users unfamiliar with this process follow these instructions rather than handwrite the number.
- Fill out the Electronic check request form the same as you would fill out the paper form however do not type in the blank to the right of “amount in total”. This cell has a formula that will calculate the values from the other rows. The value is $0 until the rows below are filled in.
- Print 2 copies of the Electronic Check Request Form, sign them and forward them for approval as you would the paper form.
- The Electronic Check Request Form can be saved electronically for future use as a template the next time you have a check request to do for the same vendor.
- NOTE: YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO INTERNET IN ORDER FOR THE CHECK REQUEST NUMBER GENERATOR TO WORK.
- NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE CHECK REQUEST NUMBER GENERATOR FOR EACH CONSECUTIVE CHECK REQUEST THAT YOU PREPARE. DO NOT GUESS THAT THE NEXT NUMBER WILL BE THE NEXT CONSECUTIVE NUMBER BECAUSE EVERYONE IS USING THIS TOOL AT THE SAME TIME.