There are many things to do and organizations to get involved with. Of course it’s important to manage your time and prioritize your responsibilities, but rest assured that you will have ample opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities. Our many student clubs and organizations are organized into five categories:
- Career Interest: approximately two dozen clubs for students interested in specialty areas such as anesthesiology, cardiology, emergency medicine, ethics, family medicine, infectious disease, oncology, pediatrics, neurology and radiology.
- Community Service: a variety of opportunities to be involved in the local community by volunteering at hospitals, shelters and clinics; delivering tobacco-awareness programs in local middle and high schools; and staffing the annual Community Health Fair.
- Cultural and Religious: interest groups providing connection and programming for Jewish, Christian, Asian-Pacific, Chinese, Latino and South Asian students.
- National Organizations: campus chapters of such important professional groups as Alpha Omega Alpha, American Medical Student Association, American Medical Women’s Association, American Physician Scientists Association, Physicians for a National Health Program and many others
- Social and Recreational: nearly two dozen recreational, fitness and other clubs, including the Art Club, the Arrhythmias a cappella group, Camping Club, Climbing Club, Cycling Club, Flag Football, Intramural Basketball League, Student Senate, Ballroom Dance Club and Wine Club of NYMC.
Learn More >>