Research and Publications
(For publications 2012 and earlier, please click here.)
- Alamgir H, Turner CA, Wong NJ, Cooper SP, Betancourt JA, Henry J, Senchak AJ, Hammill TL, Packer MD. The impact of hearing impairment and noise-induced hearing injury on quality of life in the active-duty military population: challenges to the study of this issue. Mil Med Res. 2016 Apr 12;3:11
- Alamgir H, Tucker DL, Kim SY, Betancourt JA, Turner CA, Gorrell NS, Wong NJ, Sagiraju HK, Cooper SP, Douphrate DI, Whitworth KW, Marko D, Gimeno D, Cornell J, Hammill TL, Senchak AJ, Packer MD. Economic Burden of Hearing Loss for the U.S. Military: A Proposed Framework for Estimation. Mil Med. 2016 Apr;181(4):301-6.
- Villanueva G, Fitch T, Quadir MM, Raju Sagiraju HK, Alamgir H. Self-efficacy, disability level and physical strength in the injured workers: findings from a major factory disaster in Bangladesh. Disabil Rehabil. 2016 Apr 4:1-7
- Tompa E, Dolinschi R, Alamgir H, Sarnocinska-Hart A, Guzman J. A cost-benefit analysis of peer coaching for overhead lift use in the long-term care sector in Canada. Occup Environ Med. 2016 May;73(5):308-14.
- Viola D, Arno PS. “US and International Financing of Long-Term Care,” in Encyclopedia of Bioethics, 4th Edition, Ed. B Jennings, (Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference).
- Arno PS, Viola D. Response to "hypertension and its effects on the economy of the health system, for patients and society: suggestions for developing countries". Am J Hypertens. 2014 Apr;27(4):637. doi: 10.1093/ajh/hpt299. Epub 2014 Mar 8. PubMed PMID: 24610900.
- Maschi, T., Viola, D., Harrison, M. T., Harrison, W., Koskinen, L., & Bellusa, S. (2014). Bridging community and prison for older adults: invoking human rights and elder and intergenerational family justice. International Journal of Prisoner Health, 10(1), 6-6.
- Morrissey MB, Viola D, Shi Q. (2014). Relationship between pain and chronic illness among seriously ill older adults: expanding role for palliative social work. J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care. 2014;10(1):8-33. doi: 10.1080/15524256.2013.877861. PubMed PMID: 24628140.
- Orces CH, Alamgir H. Trends in fall-related injuries among older adults treated in emergency departments in the USA. Inj Prev. 2014 Dec;20(6):421-3.
- Viola D, Arno A. (2014). Long-Term Care: Financing U.S. and International, chapter in Encyclopedia of Bioethics, 4th Edition. Editor in Chief, Bruce Jennings.
- Viola D, Arno PS. Disparities Among Younger and Older Persons Alike. Am J Public Health. 2014 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 24625162.
- Viola D, Arno PS, Byrnes JG, Doran EA. The Post-pediatrician Transition: A Life Span Care Perspective. Journal of Disability Policy Studies. 2014 February 10; 24(4):238-246
- Joel Ario, Adam E. Block and Ian Spatz, “Premium Rate Variation In Exchanges Is An Eye Opener,” Health Affairs Blog. August 7, 2013.
- Arno, P. S., & Viola, D. (2013). Hypertension Treatment at the Crossroads: A Role for Economics? American Journal of Hypertension. doi:10.1093/ajh/hpt171.
- Clare, CA, Afzal, O, Knapp, KA, & Viola, D (2013). Determining a patient's comfort in inquiring about healthcare provider's had washing behavior. Journal of Patient Safety. E-Published ahead of print: DOI: 10.1097/PTS.Ob013e31827819d2.
- Jack D, Neckerman K, Schwartz-Soicher O, Lovasi GS, Quinn J, Richards C, Bader M, Weiss C, Konty K, Arno P, Viola D, Kerker B, Rundle A. (2013). Socio-economic status, neighbourhood food environments and consumption of fruits and vegetables in New York City. Public Health Nutr, Jul;16(7):1197-205. doi: 10.1017/S1368980012005642. Epub 2013 Feb 6. PubMed PMID: 23388104.
- LaMarr S, Viola D. (2013). The Spiritual Impact of Workplace Sexual Harassment and Bullying on Nurses. The International Journal of Health, Wellness and Society, Feb: Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1-14.
- Maschi T, Viola, D, Morgen, K, Koskinen L. (2013). Trauma, Stress, Grief, Loss, and Separation among Older Adults in Prison: The Protective Role of Coping Resources on Physical and Mental Well-Being. Journal of Crime and Justice, epub ahead of print, July 12.
- Maschi T, Viola D, Morgen K. Trauma (2013). Coping resources, and well-being among older adults in prison: Empirical evidence for theory and practice. The Gerontologist, advance access, July 19, doi:10.1093/geront/gnt069.
- Morgen, K, Maschi, T, Zgoba, K, Viola, D (2013). Substance Use Disorder and the Older Offender. VISTAS Online, Article 97. November.
- Petrullo, K, LaMarr, S, Alexander, K, Nwanko, O, Viola, D. The Patient Satisfaction Survey: What does it mean to your bottom line?" Journal of Hospital Administration.2013;2(2):doi:10.5430/jha.v2n2p1.
- Stark J, Neckerman K, Lovasi G, Bader M, Weiss C, Quinn JW, Arno P, Viola D, Rundle A. (2013). Neighborhood food Environments and Body Mass Index among New York City Adults. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, ;67:736–742.
- Viola, D., Arno, P. S., Byrnes, J., & Doran, E. (2013). Reconceptualizing the Medical Home for Children and Young Adults with Special Health Care Needs. Journal of Disability Policy Studies, Epub ahead of print (November).
- Viola D, Arno PS, Maroko AR, Schechter CB, Sohler N, Rundle A, Neckerman KM, Maantay J (2013). Overweight and obesity: Can we reconcile evidence about supermarkets and fast food retailers for public health policy? J Public Health Policy. May 30. doi: 10.1057/jphp.2013.19. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 23719294.
- Viola, D., Maschi, T., & Shi, Q. (2013). The Irony of Prison Health Care, Letter to the Editor, American Journal of Public Health. Epub ahead of print.
- Viola, D., Shi, Q., & Murthy, P. (2013). Microfinance Safety Net: Back to Basics. Health Care for Women International. New York, NY: Taylor and Francis Group LLC (February).