Advanced Certificate in Public Health (18 Credits)
Broaden your Skill Set to include Public Health
Public health protects and improves the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations, locally and globally. The public health field confronts wide-ranging issues, such as improving access to health care, controlling infectious disease, and reducing environmental hazards, violence, substance abuse, and injury. It spans many disciplines and many occupations. If you find yourself needing to know more about public health, this certificate was designed for you.
- 18-credit Advanced Certificate in Public Health is specifically designed for individuals with a non-public health background who are now working in a public health context .
- Students have the ability to customize the certificate to cover the basics of public health, prepare themselves to undertake research, and learn more about specific topics in public health (i.e., health economics, healthcare management, research methods, biostatistics or epidemiology).
- Your classmates will be physicians, nurses, nutritionists, veterinarians, dentists, pharmaceutical professionals, researchers and others who would like to increase their expertise and develop confidence in their knowledge of public health issues.
- This certificate can be taken on-campus or online (or a combination), depending on the selection of courses.
- All required courses are available both online and on-campus, but some elective courses are currently offered only on-campus.
- The certificate cannot be embedded in an M.P.H. degree program, but credits may be used towards an M.P.H.
Ready to apply?
Applicants to all of our public health programs must apply through the School of Public Health Application Services, SOPHAS. Get started now.
Please contact Pamela Suett in the Admissions Office at (914) 594-4510 or Admissions & Financial Aid.
Barbara L. Greenberg, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Penny Liberatos, Ph.D., Advisor