International Speech-Language Pathology Students
Additional Requirements for International Speech-Language Pathology Students
Submission of Educational Information
- Official transcripts of all U.S. college courses, degrees, and diplomas are required and should be sent directly to the centralized application system.
- All international applicants must submit an evaluation of educational credentials with a conversion to U.S. credit hours, cumulative GPA and course grades. CSDCAS accepts international transcript evaluations from several evaluation services, including World Education Services.
TOEFL and IELTS Scores
A career in speech-language pathology requires a high level of English proficiency. In order to ensure your success, we require a TOEFL or IELTS score from the following students:
- Those whose native language is not English;
- Those from countries where English is one of the official languages, but not necessarily the first language of the majority of the population;
- Those from countries where English is not a native language, although available as a language of instruction at all or some levels of schooling;
- Those whose transcripts are not in English or are from schools in non-English speaking countries.
For the TOEFL, our minimum cumulative score is 96 (IBT: no score lower than 24 in each of the four (4) sections).
On the IELTS, we require a minimum score of Band 7.
For more information on these tests, contact Educational Testing Service (TOEFL), PO Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000; telephone (609) 921-9000; e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information on SHSP International Student Requirements, please read General Information for International Students.