Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.)
Our Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.) program begins in the Summer term, typically the first week in June. We accept applications only for that term.
The application deadline is January 15, 2019.
Apply through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, PTCAS. Begin the online application process.
- Application: Submit your application and application fee by the January 15th deadline. The centralized application service, PTCAS, will instruct you on submitting recommendations and other required documents.
- GRE Score: Submit results of the Graduate Record Examination directly to PTCAS. Our institution number to use for the test is 7602. For more information on taking the GRE, contact the Educational Testing Service (GRE), P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000; (609) 921-9000.
- Volunteer/Work Experience: Your application must include evidence of at least 50 hours of volunteer or work experience in one or more settings under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Recommendations: We require three (3) recommendations:
- one must be from a physical therapist who has observed you in a clinical setting;
- one must be from a past or current college professor who can attest to your ability to succeed in rigorous graduate study;
- one may be an additional faculty person, a therapist, an employer, or an individual who can attest to your knowledge, strengths and abilities.
- Personal Essay/Statement of Purpose: We require a personal statement of approximately 750 words.
- Custom Questions - Answer the NYMC-specific questions
What makes a successful applicant?
Read our Admission Requirements.
International students must complete several additional requirements.
Application Review and Notification
Applications are reviewed from November 1 through February 1. Applicants are invited to campus for an orientation to the program and for a formal interview. Acceptances are issued on a rolling basis from November through April. Accepted students must submit a $500 deposit to guarantee their place in the class.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-594-4510 if you have any questions about the application process. Contact (914) 594-4510, if you have any questions about the status of your submitted application.