Online Career Service For SHSP Graduating Students
New York Medical College has partnered with Purposely University to provide an online Center for Career Readiness to our students and alumni. The Career Platform provides short instructional videos, interactive assessments and access to jobs around the world. NYMC’s Purposely will enable you to:
- Understand the key soft skills employers are looking for in today’s candidates
- Identify your skills to help prepare you for interviews.
- Enhance job seeking skills in an online curriculum that will help you to get the right job
- Develop a 30 second pitch and talking points for interviews
- Learn about online, local, national and healthcare specific resources for job searching
- Access local and national jobs on the platform job board where employers will post employment opportunities
Do you have the skills needed to be career ready? Learn how to effectively communicate to employers how you provide the key skills identified by top employers and the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Critical thinking/decision making
- Oral/written communication
- Information technology application
- Professionalism/work ethic
- Career management
See introductory video - https://s3.amazonaws.com/purposely-files/3141-25_HPI_01_Intro+Career+Platform_04.mp4
Instructions for School of Health Science and Practice students and alumni to access the career platform:
- To create an account, click the URL: http://elearning.thecareerplatform.com/shsp/Account
- Click Create New Account
- Complete all the required fields. Please note, you must use your NYMC.edu email address to create an account.
- Click Save
- After you click save, and email will be sent to your nymc.edu email account. (the email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Open this email and click the link to verify your email address.
- When you click the link, you will be directed back to the career platform to log in.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CAREER JOURNEY! For more information, contact Pamela Suett, Director of Recruitment, at 914-594-4759 or email@example.com.
Other Career and Internship Resources:
Explorehealthcareers.org provides updated and peer-reviewed public health career information sponsored by the Federation of of Schools and Health Professions (FASHA).
Idealist Social Impact Careers at www.Idealist.org
LinkedIn Jobs - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs
LinkedIn Salary - https://www.linkedin.com/salary
LinkedIn Internships - https://linkedin.com/jobs/internship-jobs