Advanced Certificate in Industrial Hygiene (15 Credits)
Control and Improve Workplace Environments
Industrial hygiene is the art and science of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, communicating and controlling environmental stressors in, or arising from, the workplace. Left unchecked, these stressors may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being and productivity of workers and members of the community.
- This program offers an integrated and multi-disciplinary approach to the management of safety issues in the workplace.
- You will learn to use strict and rigorous scientific methodology to determine the potential for hazard and for evaluating exposures in workplace and environmental studies.
- The program will prepare you to manage the assessment and control of physical, chemical, biological or environmental hazards in the workplace or community that could cause injury or disease.
- Upon graduation, you will be ready to function as an industrial hygienist in both the public and the private sectors including industrial, corporate, public service, academic, and medical work environments.
- Completion of the Advanced Certificate in Industrial Hygiene will fulfill the coursework in industrial hygiene required for admission to the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) examination. Successful completion of this certificate will also provide training to prepare students to sit for certification examinations given by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) and the Council on Certification of Health, Environmental and Safety Technologists (CCHEST).
Ready to apply?
Applicants to all of our public health programs must apply through the School of Public Health Application Services, SOPHAS. Get started now.
Questions? Please contact Pamela Suett in the Admissions Office at (914) 594-4510 or Admissions & Financial Aid.
Diane Heck, Ph.D.
Michael Shakarjian, Ph.D.