Preparing for VSLO/Electives
Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO)
Before You Send Your Elective Forms to Health Services:
1. READ all Elective Immunization/Health Forms: All institutions have different requirements.
- Physical Exams: Be sure you have an annual physical exam within one year of your elective dates. Following the physical exam, send a copy with date of the exam and the physician’s signature to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Titers/ Tests for Immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis B. DO NOT obtain additional titers before your forms are reviewed by Health Services. Immunity that was documented at pre-matriculation should not be repeated.
- Urine Toxicology: Westchester Medical Center Occupational Health Center located in the Taylor Pavilion Room D-109, will perform urine toxicology at no charge to the student. Health insurance does not cover the cost of a urine toxicology. Call 914-493-8580, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm to schedule appointment; may take 3 days.
- Vaccinations: Be sure Health Services has received your current influenza A/B vaccine and your completed COVID-19 vaccine.
2. Sending Your Forms to Health Services:
- Clearly print your name and the required demographics at the top of each page of the form.
- Prioritize your electives. Health Services completes the first 5 per student, and then additional electives after your classmates’ 5 forms are completed.
- Email forms to email@example.com; drop off forms or FAX to 914-594-4692. If more than 5 forms: Label in priority order #1= highest priority.
- If you choose to have your elective forms completed by your physician’s office, they must be completed in its entirety and signed by the physician.
3. What to Expect from Health Services:
- If you need tests or vaccines or a physical exam: Health Services will email you. Forms will not be completed if information is missing.
- When your forms are complete, Health Services will email you the completed form(s) with one set of the supporting laboratory documents. You will need to use the supporting documents for each application as indicated.