All students will need to properly check out of their rooms if moving off campus or switching to a different apartment in housing. Students can do this completing an Express Checkout Form located outside the Superintendent’s office.
NOTICE: Failure to properly check out will result in a loss of the damage deposit, in addition to other fines incurred.
Graduating Students need to vacate by May 31st, at 4:00pm
Non- Graduating students that are moving off campus need to vacate by July 1st, at 4:00 pm.
Students who are switching apartments, please email the Office of Student & Residential Life at email@example.com for a rough move date.
Requirements for Check Out
Before you leave you need to complete the following:
- Remove all items from the room.
- Remove all personal belongings from common areas.
- CLEAN—the room/apartment
- Wipe off desks, dressers, tables, countertops, and vanities.
- Empty and wipe out all drawers.
- Empty all trash cans and recycling bins.
- Take all trash and place in the dumpster located outside.
- Remove all posters, tape, and decorations, including anything on windows.
- Put all furniture back to its original location.
- Place a work order (through HIPPO) for any damages at least a month prior to your checkout to avoid fees.
- Resolve any damage issues between roommates. Unless an individual accepts responsibility in writing on the check-out form, all persons in the living environment will be held responsible. Individuals can claim responsibility for damages by emailing the Director of Residence Life Katherine_Dillon@nymc.edu
- Check out by completing an Express Checkout Form
How to Check Out
- Complete the express-checkout form available outside the Superintendent’s office (apt 511). This is a contactless process. There is a box labeled with forms and envelopes, fill out the form and place both your keys and the form in the envelope into the labeled "dropbox" which is a locked mailbox to complete checkout please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
All apartment keys must be labeled and returned upon checkout. All parking card keys must be returned directly to the Security Office. Keys shall not be given directly to roommates, new occupants of the apartment, or any other individual. Costs for lock changes and key replacements will be billed to occupants.