Following are general guidelines for applying to the program. The information provided should answer most of your questions.
Thank you for your interest in the New York Medical College Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at Westchester Medical Center. Together, they comprise a major academic medical center certified by the Accredited Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Criteria for applicants:
- Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). No application will be reviewed after the deadline of December 17.
We are looking for applicants who are not more than 5 years out of medical school. However, an applicant involved in a post-graduate clinical environment will be considered.
- You must have taken and passed the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (step 2 results can be pending at the time of interview). Step 3 is required by match day only if you are applying for H-1B visa.
- Applicants need at least 3 current letters of recommendation.
- International Medical Graduates should obtain sponsorship for their visas through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for J-1 visa. The program sponsors J-1 and limited number of H-1B visas. Anyone applying for H-1B visa must have taken, and passed, step 3 of the USMLE by the match date.
- Interviews, by invitation only, will take place from November – through the end of January.
More information about the residency program is available by emailing the program coordinator at email@example.com.