Administrative Assistant, Department of Family & Community Medicine
The Department Administrative Assistant provides clerical support for the Department of Family & Community Medicine and the NYMC Family Health Center.
1. Answers telephone, directs calls, takes phone messages, and reviews voicemail.
2. Greets patients, obtains patient information, and directs patients to exam room, checks out patients at end of visit.
3. Collects patient payments and enters into record-keeping system.
4. Verifies insurance status and patient responsibility.
5. Filing, copying, preparing files for Family Health Center, Clerkship Coordinator, Administrator, Faculty & Chair.
6. Data entry into Electronic Medical Record, Billing System, Vaccine Portal.
7. Collect, open & distribute mail.
8. Monitor FM Faculty Practice mailbox.
9. Fax and scan documents in a manner compliant with HIPAA and FERPA.
10. Other tasks as needed or as assigned by the Administrator or Chair.
(A) Education requirement:
(B) Technical/computer skills:
Skilled in Microsoft Office, ability to learn cloud-based computer programs, strong phone and communication skills.
(C) Prior experience:
Work in a healthcare setting desired.