Administrator, Department of Family & Community Medicine
Department Administrator of the Department of Family Medicine is responsible for supporting the Chair in managing the academic, clinical and research activities of the department. This position requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced professional who leads by example. The Administrator monitors key performance indicators, manages departmental budgets and staffing and acts as the point of contact for all programs except for the Family Medicine Clerkship. This is a fluid role, responsibilities and duties will evolve with the growth of the Department.
1. Tracks billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable for the Family Health Center.
2. Identifies areas for improvement in reimbursement, follows up on past due accounts.
3. Prepares financial reports as needed for Chair and Dean’s Office.
4. Ensures compliance with state, local and school regulations.
5. Oversees the budgets of the academic unit and Family Health Center, reviews and approves all funding requests.
6. Coordinates all marketing for the Family Health Center.
7. Manages clinic schedule, personnel, approves timesheets.
8. Prepares proposals and reports for grants.
9. Handles requests and paperwork for faculty appointments and reappointments.
10. Actively participates in recruitment of community preceptors.
11. Acts as liaison for the Department Chair both internally and externally.
12. Organizes and leads Department meetings and GME meetings.
13. Manages Department events and projects.
14. Other duties or projects as assigned by the Chair including cross coverage.
(A) Education requirement:
Bachelor’s degree required.
(B) Technical/computer skills:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Web-based programs as needed, Financial Spreadsheets, Budgets.
(C) Prior experience:
Minimum 5 years administrative/managerial experience in a healthcare or educational setting, prefer experience in medical setting.
(D) Other skills/requirements:
Keen organizational & interpersonal skills; excellent time management with ability to prioritize and make appropriate decisions. Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal). Good analytical skills with great attention to detail. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.