Work in the field of molecular immunology (innate immunity), and/or endocrinology (obesity) utilizing mouse models and cell culture. The fellows will work under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) on sponsored research projects performing standard and complex laboratory procedures. Successful candidates will be expected to possess attention to detail; be able to communicate effectively at all levels, exhibit initiative, work well with others; comply with all applicable safety procedures.
1. Assist with ongoing experiments; prepare and maintain cultured cells.
2. Prepare solutions, reagents, media or stains for prescribed tests; collect data.
3. Maintain accurate files and timely records of test results.
4. Maintain supply inventory; and participate in meetings with the PI and lab staff.
5. Some knowledge in research methodology and statistical analysis, cell and molecular biology, familiarity with animal studies, cell/tissue culture preparation, and/or inflammation research is beneficial.
(A.) Education requirement:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
(B.) Licenses or certifications:
(C.) Technical/computer skills:
Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Ability to adapt to computer applications related to data collection.
(D.) Prior experience:
1-2 years of related lab experience.