Senior Research Fellow
Work in the field of molecular immunology (innate immunity), and/or endocrinology (obesity) utilizing mouse models and cell culture. The Senior Fellow will work under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) on sponsored research projects performing standard and complex laboratory procedures independently. Successful candidates will be expected to possess attention to detail; be able to communicate effectively at all levels, exhibit initiative, work well with others and independently; comply with all applicable safety procedures.
1. Perform ongoing experiments requiring cellular biochemical techniques Some knowledge in research methodology and statistical analysis, cell and molecular biology, familiarity with animal studies, cell/tissue culture preparation, and/or inflammation research is beneficial.
2. Data acquisition, discussion and presentation.
3. Purchasing and inventory management.
4. Participate in Joint Research with other team members.
5. Oversight of laboratory technicians and general lab maintenance and organization tasks.
(A.) Education requirement:
M.S. or Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry or a related field.
(B.) Licenses or certifications:
Certification through NYMC Safety Training.
(C.) Technical/computer skills:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Data input and acquisition and presentation. Inventory management and procurement of laboratory supplies, etc. utilizing NYMC online purchase program. Ability to adapt to computer applications related to data collection.
(D.) Prior experience:
Significant hands-on experience in research laboratory setting. Oversight of other technical members of the lab.
(E.) Other skills/requirements:
Proficiency in lab equipment usage.
(F.). Physical and Environmental Demands:
Moderate standing/movement to accomplish lab procedures.
Use of safety garments, goggles, surgical gloves, etc.
NYMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.