82 North Water Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Dr. Abraham specializes in rejuvenation of the face and neck (facelifts, eyelifts, laser skin treatments). He has considerable research and clinical expertise in the latest minimally invasive and non-surgical techniques (BOTOX®, Restylane®, Thermage™, Photofacial™ & Coolsculpting™). Given his dual experience and training, Dr. Abraham is uniquely qualified to shape the nose and ears, while improving function. He provides computer image modeling to his patients, providing a preview of expected results. It is Dr. Abraham’s philosophy and goal to use his talent and the latest technology to help patients achieve balance, so that they may be comfortable on the inside about their appearance on the outside.
Having survived ethnic violence as a child, Dr. Abraham is committed to humanitarian work to make the world a better place. He has been involved with International Medical Mission work for several decades, and sits on the Board for Healing The Children North East. He leads two to three medical teams each year to help children with facial deformities, and has been recognized as a Surgeon Honoree for his dedication and commitment. Dr. Abraham is the current Chairman of the Face to Face Committee, the humanitarian arm of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He was a recent recipient of the Academy’s 1887 award given to an individual member who has "gone the extra mile," and was named to the Founders Club. Through Face to Face, Dr. Abraham has been involved with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) and was integral to designing a database to better connect victims of domestic violence who needed facial reconstruction to volunteers surgeons within the Academy. In his new role on the NCADV’s Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery Advisory Council, Dr. Abraham looks forward to further improving the process to help victims of domestic violence overcome physical reminders of abuse so that they may go on to live fulfilling lives.
Dr. Abraham is Associate Director of Otolaryngology at the MidHudson Regional Hospital. He is Past President of the New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society, and has been elected President of the Dutchess County Medical Society. He has received numerous awards and has been consistently chosen as a Top Doctor.
Fellowship: Facial Plastic Surgery & Micro-vascular Reconstruction - Univ. of California, Los Angeles Medical Center
Residency: Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital and NYU Medical Center
Internship: General Surgery - Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
Graduate: M.D. - Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
Undergraduate: B.S. Biology - Brown University, Providence, RI
1) Lozado K, Kadakia SP, Abraham MT, Ducic Y. Nicotine replacement therapy in head and neck microvascular reconstruction. Am J Otolaryngol. In review.
2) Berson S, Klimczak J, Prezio EA, Hu S, Abraham MT. Allergies and REM disturbance. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. In review.
3) Abraham MT, Hu S, Badhey A, Kadakia SP, Ducic Y. Thromboprophylaxis in Head and Neck Microvascular Reconstruction. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. In press.
4) Abraham MT, Rousso JJ, Hu S. Brown RF, Moscatello AL, Finn JC, Patel NA, Kadakia SP, Wood-Smith D: Introduction of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Face to Face Database J Craniofac Surg. 2017;28:1171-4.
5) Abraham MT, Rousso JJ, Hu S. Brown RF, Moscatello AL, Finn JC, Patel NA: Creation of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Face to Face Database. JAMA Facial Plast Surg 2017;19:158-60.
6) Badhey A, Kadakia SP, Abraham MT, Rasamny JK, Moscatello AL. Multiflap closure of scalp defects: Revisiting the Orticochea flap for scalp reconstruction. Am J Otolaryngol 2016;37:466-9.
7) Abraham MT, Chiang SK, Keller GS, Rawnsley JD, Blackwell KE, Elashoff DA: Clinical evaluation of non-ablative radiofrequency facial rejuvenation. J Cosmet Laser Ther 2004;6:136-44.
8) Abraham MT, Bains MS, Downey RJ, Korst RJ, Kraus DH: Type I thyroplasty for acute unilateral vocal fold paralysis following intrathoracic surgery, Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 2002;111:667-71.
9) Abraham MT, Kuriakose MA, Sacks PG, Yee H, Chiriboga L, Bearer EL, Delacure MD: Motility-related proteins as markers for head and neck squamous cell cancer. Laryngoscope 2001;111:1285-9.
10) Abraham MT, Gonen M, Kraus DH: Complications of type I thyroplasty and arytenoids adduction for unilateral vocal cord paralysis. Laryngoscope 2001;111:1322-9.
11) Bearer EL, Abraham MT: 2E4 (kaptin): a novel actin-associated protein from human blood platelets found in lamellipodia and the tips of the stereocilia of the inner ear. Eur J Cell Biol 1999;78:117-126.
12) Selesnick SH, Abraham MT, Carew JT: Rerouting of the intratemporal facial nerve: an analysis of the literature. Am J Otol 1996;17:793-805.
13) Abraham MT, Olnes MJ: Early effects of 2,3,7,8-TetraChloro-Dibenzo-P-Dioxin (TCDD) on rat thymocytes in vitro. Toxicology 1993;77:103-114.
14) Kurl RN, Abraham MT, Olnes M: Effects of 2,3,7,8-TetraChloro-Dibenzo-P-Dioxin (TCDD) in vitro on RNA synthesis in rat thymocytes. FASEB J 1991;5:A483.
1) Kadakia SP, Abraham MT, Lee T, Ducic Y. Repair of the lateral skull base. Semin Plast Surg. In press.
2) Klimczak J, Helman S, Kadakia SP, Abraham MT, Sawhney R, Ducic Y. Prosthetic management of head and neck defects. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. In Press.
3) Lozada K, Kadakia SP, Abraham MT, Ducic Y. Complications of midface fractures. Facial Plast Surg. In Press.
4) Romo T III, Azzi JP, Abraham MT: Endoscopic Brow Lift. German HNO J 2012.
5) Romo T III, Pafford W, Abraham MT: Rhinoplasty in the Multiracial Nose. In Advanced Rhinoplasty: Art and Techniques, Shiffman MA, DiGiuseppe A (Eds), New York, Springer 2012.
6) Abraham MT, Rousso JJ: Capacitive Radiofrequency Skin Rejuvenation. In Aesthetic Medicine, Art and Technique, Shiffman MA, Prendergast PM (Eds), New York, Springer 2011:187-96.
7) Abraham MT: Capacitive Radiofrequency Skin Rejuvenation. In Simplified Facial Rejuvenation, Shiffman MA, Mirrafati SJ, Lam SM (Eds), New York, Springer 2008:157-62.
8) Abraham MT, Blackwell KE, Guest Editors: Aesthetic Reconstruction of Head and Neck Defects. Facial Plast Surg 2008;24:1.
9) Abraham MT: Capacitive radiofrequency treatment. Plast Surg Prod 2005;9:50-4.
10) Abraham MT, Ross EV: Current concepts in nonablative radiofrequency rejuvenation of the lower face and neck. Facial Plast Surg 2005;21:65-73.
11) Abraham MT, Keller GS, Pinkosky G, Feibleman CE, Kelly J, Man D, Glenn M: Micro-coblation and microdermabrasion, nonablative skin rejuvenation. Facial Plast Surg 2004;20:51-6.
12) Abraham MT, Reiman P: Use of nonablative RF extends beyond brow, forehead. Cosmetic Surg Times 2003;9:16-17.
13) Romo T III, Abraham MT: The Ethnic nose. Facial Plast Surg 2003;19:269-78.
14) Abraham MT, Romo T III: Liposuction of the face and neck. In: Kriet JD, et al. eds. Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery. St. Petersburg, FL: eMedicine, 2002.
15) Abraham MT, Romo T III: Multiracial rhinoplasty. In: Nassif PS, Toriumi D, et al. eds. Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery. St. Petersburg, FL: eMedicine, 2001.
16) Romo T III, Lin HS, Abraham MT: Rhinoplasty, postrhinoplasty nasal obstruction. In: Branham G, et al. eds. Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery. St. Petersburg,
FL: eMedicine, 2001.