NYMC > Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery
Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Founded: 1999
- Purpose: To teach and train fellows and visiting surgeons in the techniques of minimally invasive surgery involving the use of videoscopically guided or assisted operative procedures.
- To improve overall operating room (OR) organization and efficiency
- To improve working relationships among hospital staff members and with representatives of technology manufacturers
- to facilitate research and development of new techniques and instruments
- to increase interest in and competence of OR personnel
- to streamline postoperative care
- Current research: Establishment of database registry providing comprehensive pre-, intra- and postoperative data on all gastric surgery performed by Institute faculty.
- Contact: Ashutosh Kaul, M.D., Director, (914) 493-7614 or (914) 594-2050