Financial Aid Links
Below you will find important and helpful financial aid links. These are links that will assist you in applying for financial aid at New York Medical College, as well as links to websites that will be helpful in learning about various financial wellness topics.
- Federal Student Aid Central Website - The new StudentAid.gov website, incorporates content and resources from StudentLoans.gov, fsaid.ed.gov, and nslds.ed.gov to streamline the way students learn about and apply for federal student loans and the repayment of the federal student loans.
- Student FSA ID - Students may use this site to create their own personal FSA ID. An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - REMINDER: In addition to completing the FAFSA, ALL students are required to complete and submit the required financial aid forms found on the Apply for Financial Aid link of the New York Medical College website.
- IRS Tax Return Transcript Request - Students may use this site to request a copy of a tax return transcript. A tax return transcript shows most line items from the filed tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules.
- Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized and or Direct PLUS Loans for Graduate/Professional Students Master Promissory Note (Loan Agreement) - Students may use this web site to complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note(s) (Loan Agreement) for Subsidized/Unsubsidized and/or the Direct PLUS Loan for Graduate/Professional Students.
- myFICO - Students may obtain a copy of their credit reports and credit scores from the two national credit reporting companies, there is a fee.
- annualcreditreport - Students may obtain a free copy of their credit reports from the three national credit reporting companies. Credit scores must be requested, individually, from each of the three national credit reporting companies, there is a fee for the credit scores.
- US Department of Education Scholarship Search - Students may search for scholarships from the US Department of Education Federal Government website.
- National Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships - Highly competitive and prestigious scholarship, fellowship and internship awards for college study, graduate school and postgraduate research.
- Bureau of Primary Health Care
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs - Loan repayment options for health professionals, pursuing a qualified research field.
- Loan Calculators
- NSLDS - Access to student's federal loan history.
Additional Information for Medical Students:
- The AAMC Electronic Resource Manual - An electronic resources manual for medical doctors.
- The AAMC Fellowship and Grants Supplement
- The AAMC Scholarship Supplement
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarships (AIRFORCE) - The scholarship provides payment of direct educational costs (tuition, fees, books, etc.,) and a stipend for living expenses.
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarships (ARMY) - The scholarship provides payment of direct educational costs (tuition, fees, books, etc.,) and a stipend for living expenses.
- Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarships (NAVY) - The scholarship provides payment of direct educational costs (tuition, fees, books, etc.,) and a stipend for living expenses.