From Triage Training to Austere Medicine—NYMC Hosts Disaster Training Events to Boost Expertise for Hundreds of First Responders Across the State
Over the past four months, first responders throughout the Hudson Valley and across New York State have vastly improved their ability to provide the best possible care in case of almost any disaster.
February 21, 2020
NYMC CDM Hosting Disaster Training Events
This boost in medical know-how comes after hundreds of first-responders received disaster training from NYMC’s Center for Disaster Medicine (CDM). These CDM training events included:
- Principles and Application of Mass Casualty Course hosted by Kaleida Health and Finger Lakes Regional Resource and Training Center (November 26, 2019);
- Pediatric Disaster Response and Emergency Preparedness (December 18 and 19, 2019);
- Training for the Putnam County Police: Basic Austere Medicine Techniques (January 14, 2020);
- Training for the White Plains Hospital: Triage and Other Emergency Medicine Skills (January 16, 2020); and
- Training for the Yonkers Fire Department: Mass Casualty and Disaster Situations (February 6, 2020).