Office of Research Administration
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) facilitates all research and sponsored academic programs at NYMC. The Office assists faculty and staff with a variety of application and award services, such as:
- Makes information regarding funding sources available to investigators.
- Assists investigators and staff with application preparation.
- Submits applications on behalf of the College.
- Coordinates activities of the Institutional Review Boards to ensure institutional compliance with regulations regarding the use of human subjects in research activities.
- Participates in the activities of the Institutional Animal Care and Use and Biosafety Committees to ensure institutional compliance with regulations regarding the care and use of laboratory animals and hazardous materials.
- Upholds federal regulations and policies regarding Financial Conflict of Financial Interest in Academic Activities.
- Develops policies and procedures responsive to federal regulations and emerging issues.
- Administers the Intramural Sponsored Research Program and the annual Dean's Research Award program.
- Negotiates and manages research relationships with industry and the transfer of research results to commercial application.
- Receives and disseminates communications from the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the Association of American Medical Colleges and other agencies.
- ORA guidelines
- Policy in Subawards and Subrecipient Monitoring