NYMC > School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) > Admissions & Financial Aid > Admission Requirements > Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.) > International D.P.T. Students
International D.P.T. Students
Additional Application Requirements for International D.P.T. Students
Submission of Educational Information
- Official transcripts of all U.S. college courses, degrees, diplomas, and licenses are required and should be sent directly through PTCAS.
- All foreign transcripts require grade sheets with an official evaluation of educational credentials, and a conversion to U.S. credit hours and grades, completed by a U.S. government-approved evaluation service. Foreign evaluations should be sent directly to the Admissions Office (not to PTCAS). We recommend World Education Services.
TOEFL and IELTS Scores
Our Doctor of Physical Therapy program requires a high level of facility with the English language. In order to ensure your success, we require a TOEFL or IELTS score from the following students:
- Those whose native language is not English;
- Those from countries where English is one of the official languages, but not necessarily the first language of the majority of the population;
- Those from countries where English is not a native language, although available as a language of instruction at all or some levels of schooling;
- Those whose transcripts are not in English or are from schools in non-English speaking countries.
For the TOEFL, our minimum scores are -
- 81 (IBT: no score lower than 24 in each of the 4 sections)
Send TOEFL scores to PTCAS; TOEFL Code: 5312
On the IELTS, we require a minimum score of Band 7. Our school/institution number is 2592 - send directly to our school.
For more information on these tests, contact the Educational Testing Service (TOEFL), PO Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000; telephone (609) 921-9000; email.
For more information on SHSP International Student Requirements, please read General Information for International Students.