NYMC > School of Health Sciences and Practice (SHSP) > Admissions & Financial Aid > Admission Requirements > Graduate and Advanced Certificates > International Certificate Students
International Certificate Students
Our Certificate Programs require a high level of facility with the English language. In order to ensure your success, we require a TOEFL or IELTS score from the following students:
- Those whose native language is not English;
- Those from countries where English is one of the official languages, but not necessarily the first language of the majority of the population;
- Those from countries where English is not a native language, although available as a language of instruction at all or some levels of schooling;
- Those whose transcripts are not in English or are from schools in non-English speaking countries
For the TOEFL, our minimum scores are:
- 96 (IBT - no score lower than 24 in each of the 4 sections)
On the IELTS, we require a minimum score of Band 7.
For more information on these tests, contact the Educational Testing Service (TOEFL), PO Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000; telephone (609) 921-9000; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.