Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.)
We offer a Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) in Health Policy and Management.
This program admits for the Fall term only, which begins in late August/early September.
The application deadline is June 1.
Apply through the centralized application service for Schools of Public Health, SOPHAS. Begin the online application process.
The following materials are required to complete your application, and must be submitted through SOPHAS:
- Application: Submit your application and application fee by the appropriate deadline. The centralized application service, SOPHAS, will instruct you on submitting recommendations and other required documents
- Transcript(s) of undergraduate (post-secondary) course work: All applicants for the Doctor of Public Health program must hold a baccalaureate and a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. The Master's or other advanced degree must include the following public health prerequisites:
- Health Economics
- Health Policy and Management
- Environmental Health
- Behavioral Health Science
- Statistical Approaches for Research
- Principles and Practices of Epidemiology
- Three (3) recommendations from faculty or superiors/supervisors (not colleagues)
- GRE Score Report
- Statement of Purpose: No more than 500 words
- Completed Pre-requisite Course Worksheet available from the Admissions Office.
An interview may be required if the department/faculty have additional questions or concerns.
What makes a successful applicant?
Read our Admission Requirements.
International students must complete several additional requirements.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 914-594-4510 if you have any questions about the application process. Contact Irene Bundziak, (914) 594-4905, if you have any questions about your submitted application.