The 2020 Race for Rehab will be held virtually to follow all CDC guidelines to ensure the health of all participants, students, and staff.
- When will the race take place?
- Participants will run their 5K at their discretion (time & location) between October 11 & October 18th and report their time back to the Race for Rehab Website no later than 10 (EST) on October 18th.
- What do I need to know about the 2020 Race For Rehab?
- Participants can run on the course of their choice including a treadmill or a track. They are encouraged to run their 5K on a course that is safe from a physical perspective and to ensure that they follow all proper social distancing guidelines and traffic laws for their region, state or country.
- Participants are encouraged to upload their race result to an interactive spreadsheet no later than 10/18 10am. A link to the spreadsheet will be emailed to registered participants.
- What course do I have to run?
- You can run any 5K (3.1 miles) course including a treadmill or a track.
- Are there incentives?
- You will need to officially log in your race result via the storefront website interactive spreadsheet in order to receive your certificate. *The finishers certificate will be available for you to download and print at home only. Participants have the option to buy a T-shirt.
- Will there be awards?
- Yes. There will be a recorded video award presentation emailed to registered participants.
- Male Hand Crank Bicycle
- Female Hand Crank Bicycle
- Male Running Achilles Athletes
- Female Running Athletes
- Top Finishers: 18 years and below
- Top Finishers 19-30
- Top Finishers 31-45
- Top Finishers 46 and up
- Top Finishers NYMC alumni
- How do I report my time (result)?
- You will receive a link to an interactive spreadsheet on which you can report your time, using your bib number as your identifier. More information on this will come via your registration communications closer to the Race.
Race Day Timeline:
The 5K race date deadline has been determined as October 18th 2020 at 10 AM. Participants will be sent/emailed their bib October 10th and may run any time at any location from October 11th until October 18th. The race day group will go through and verify all participants have successfully uploaded their times and then go through to rank in each category.
- Award categories:
- Top male and female Achilles Athlete finishers
- Non-wheelchair group
- Wheelchair group
- Top male and female finishers in each group
- 18 and younger
- 46 and above
- NYMC Alumni
- 12:00 Raffles are given out
- 12:30 Certificates are emailed to all participants.