Choosing the right school for your graduate education is very important. Following are some of the characteristics that distinguish New York Medical College.
- NYMC's History: As far back as 1860, New York Medical College has had a history of involvement in the social and environmental determinants of health and disease, and special concern for the poor, powerless, and the helpless. Through the decades, we have stayed true to this mission.
- Our small class size and excellent teacher-to-student ratio enable us to offer creative and effective programs
- Our experienced financial aid office provides real, up-to-date counseling on budgeting and investing in your education
- We have a beautiful suburban campus convenient to New York City, the Hudson Valley, Connecticut and New Jersey
- Our targeted programs are designed to fill demand for graduate-educated professionals as an outcome of health care reform.
- All of our programs are fully accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH)
- On campus classes are scheduled to accommodate working students, full and part-time.
- We offer a totally online M.P.H. degree as well as several certificate programs
- We do not require the GRE for admission to the M.P.H. program
- Our program is fully accredited by The Council on Academic Accreditation in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- Our inter-disciplinary faculty is composed of teachers from the school of medicine, the school of basic sciences and from our public health program.
- Faculty-mentored group projects in clinical research and public health program development provide invaluable real-life experience.
- Our Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology is one of very few medically-oriented programs in the U.S.
- We have an on-campus faculty practice clinic where students get invaluable first-hand experience.
- 100% passing rate on Praxis exam and 100% employment for graduates.
- We integrate teaching faculty from the School of Medicine, as well as from our basic sciences and public health programs.
- Our program is fully accredited by The Council on Accreditation in Physical Therapy
- We employ an innovative model of Problem-Based Learning (PBL) throughout the entire program.
- We have large and fully appointed on-campus lab facilities and use of medical school anatomy lab.
- We offer a D.P.T./M.P.H. dual degree option – one of the first and one of very few offered in the U.S.
- We feature faculty-mentored group doctoral projects in clinical research, teaching, and public health program development.
- Physical Therapy students complete more than 9 months of clinical practicum at well-respected institutions.