Policy for Co-Payment Psychiatric Care (Montefiore)
Dated: January 12, 2023
The purpose of this policy is to establish the process for student reimbursement of prescribing psychiatrist fees for mental health medication management that cannot be prescribed through the College’s virtual mental health service provider.
This policy applies to active students enrolled at New York Medical College (“NYMC”) and Touro College of Dental Medicine (“TCDM”) who are referred to Montefiore Behavioral Health Center by the Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness for medication management.
It is the policy of NYMC and TCDM to reimburse students up to $150.00 of their insurance co-payment for psychiatrist fees applicable to mental health medication management that cannot be completed by the College’s virtual mental health service provider during the academic year.
Co-payment: refers to an arrangement in which the policyholder will need to pay a portion of the medical expenses on their own and the insurance company will pay the remaining amount.
- Students in need of mental health medication management services that are unavailable through the College’s virtual mental health service provider, Teladoc, should discuss their needs with the Office of Student Mental Health and
- Students who are referred by the Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness to the Montefiore Behavioral Health Center for medication management are eligible to seek reimbursement of up to $150.00 of their insurance co-payment per academic year.
- Students must use their insurance to cover the cost of the Montefiore Behavioral Health Center visit and must pay any visit co-payment prior to seeking
- To seek reimbursement, students must submit their payment receipt via email to email@example.com.
- Reimbursement requests must be received within six months of the visit and no later than the end of the academic year of the visit.
- The College will not reimburse more than $150.00 per student, per academic
- The Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness will offer referrals and alternative options for medication management to students upon request, however, only visits to the Montefiore Behavioral Health Center are eligible for
VI. EFFECTIVE DATE
This policy is effective immediately.
VII. POLICY MANAGEMENT
Executive Stakeholder: Vice Chancellor for College Student Services
Policy Oversight Office: Office of Student Mental Health and Wellness