- Visit the Bursar for the full tuition refund policy.
- Students who receive federal student aid are subject to both the general New York Medical College refund policy and a separate Federal Title IV Funds Refund Policy.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION (AOC) REGISTRATION
For more information about AOC click here. Detailed information about open enrollment will be sent to students via email. Online registration generally opens 8 weeks prior to the start of class for the below courses.
As of 2022-2023 academic year, a course may be added or dropped prior to the last day of class. Courses that are dropped will not appear on a transcript. Courses that are not completed and not dropped within the term dates will result in a grade of No Credit (NC). Withdrawal after the term has ended is not permitted.
ETHM 6012 Foundation:Clinical Ethics
UMDM 2501 Foundation:Glob & Popul Health
UMDM 2502 Foundation:Medical Education
UMDM 2503 Foundation:Medical Research
UMDM 2504 Foundation:Child Env Health
UMDM 2505 Foundation:Nutrit & Cul Med
UMDM 2506 Foundation:Health Policy
To register for the Area of Concentration classes, please follow the instructions below:
- Login to your TouroOne Portal account
- Click the 'Registration' option from the left side navigation menu
- There are two places you can click to Look Up Classes:
- Click the ‘Look Up Classes' button in the 'Register Now' portlet
- Click 'Look Up Classes' in the Registration Tools/Helpful Links portlet
- Select the term you wish to register for from the drop down menu and click the 'Submit' button
- Choose NYMC UMDM Medical Education or NYMC ETHM Ethics under the ‘Subject’ list and Click ‘Course Search’
- Courses offered under this subject for the semester will appear. Click the ‘View Sections’ button next to the course you need.
- Next, select the course you are registering for and click the ‘Register’ button
- The course will be added to your schedule
To drop an Area of Concentration class:
Dropping Courses Instructions:
- Log in to the TouroOne Portal
- Click Registration on the left blue sidebar
- Click (2) Add or Drop Classes under Registration tools
- Select Term and click submit
- In the Action pull down list, select Web Drop/Delete
- Click Submit Changes to submit the change to your schedule.