Keith A. Meritz, M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiation Medicine
Phone 1: (914) 493-1570
Phone 2: (914) 493-8561
Office: Macy Pavilion, Suite 1309B
Keith A. Meritz, M.D., has been a practicing Radiation Oncologist for 35 years, with experience in all clinical aspects of radiation, and currently, his subspecialties are Central Nervous System Tumors and Head and Neck malignancies. Dr. Meritz managed several patients on In-House protocols while at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, particularly Cervical Cancer, and entered patients onto RTOG protocols while at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and while at Northshore LIJ. He enjoys being part of a multidisciplinary team with a collegial atmosphere, incorporating the most current evidence-based care in patient management. Dr. Meritz philosophy is that he am here to inform and care for his patients and their families as they grapple with making tough choices, allay fears of the unknown and guide them throughout the challenging process of dealing with their diagnosis. As a new part of the team at Westchester Medical Center, Dr. Meritz hopes to assist the chairman and medical team in advancing new and innovative treatment options.
- Internship: General Surgery, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Radiation Oncology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Medical School: Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Undergraduate: Lehigh University Bethlehem, PA
- Paper presented as Poster at ASTRO 1990 and ESTRO 1991 Radiation therapy as a treatment for benign lymphoepithelial parotid cysts in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1
- Paper presented as Poster at ESTRO 1990 Concomitant cisplatin and radiotherapy in locally advanced cervical carcinoma
- Narasimhulu DM, Khulpateea N, Meritz K, Xu Y. Brain metastasis in two patients with stage IA papillary serous carcinoma of the uterus. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2015 Apr 22;13:1-4. doi: 10.1016/j.gore.2015.04.002. PMID: 26425708; PMCID: PMC4563578.
- Goldstein J, Rubin J, Silver C, Meritz K, Chao C, Ting J, Davis L. Radiation therapy as a treatment for benign lymphoepithelial parotid cysts in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1992;23(5):1045-50. doi: 10.1016/0360-3016(92)90912-2. PMID: 1639639.
- Runowicz CD, Wadler S, Rodriguez-Rodriguez L, Litwin P, Shaves M, O'Hanlan KA, Goldberg GL, Tomaino CT, Byrnes R. Concomitant cisplatin and radiotherapy in locally advanced cervical carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 1989 Sep;34(3):395-401. doi: 10.1016/0090-8258(89)90180-7. PMID: 2767531.
Areas of Expertise
- Central Nervous System
- Tumors Head and Neck Tumors
- Palliative Care Radiation Oncology
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Member of American Brachytherapy Society
- Member of Radiosurgery Society
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology